Sunday 30 April 2017

Bish bash bosh - we are 50% of the way there!




Today, as you know was a Scamblesby day and it was lovely to all be together again and have a chance to admire each other's work.  I was particularly taken with Heather's latest quilt - even though she is not sure about the colour combination!




I also loved this tote bag that Jean has embroidered - I gave it to her after Lynette Anderson's workshop last year and it has turned out really well - well done Jean.





I decided to make Terry's simple pencil case first - so easy it ONLY took me a couple of hours!  I will admit to talking and helping Jean in between!  The next one shouldn't take as long.




It was also my turn to make a cake - cue my lovely mini victoria sandwich tin, lemon curd and fresh cream.  I had to take a photo just before this last one was pinched.  Me?  Well I resisted and had a low cal lemon drizzle bar - as delicious of course!




But my main aim today was to start my brother's wedding bunting - he wants 100m of it in 10m lengths! Normally I would machine two pieces together and turn through but he wants the "bish bash bosh" variety - single pieces sewn onto  ribbon of sorts.  Fortunately, for me Pat finished all of her work and set to making two lengths of bunting -so 5 are now made and waiting to be posted.  Phew - thank you Pat - you're a star!



Home now, its time to water the veg trug, sort the dogs out and make some tea before finding some hand sewing to collapse in the sofa with!

But what about this secret project that you keep mentioning you ask?  Well, Terry and I have set up a small business with a view to publishing some sewing patterns - designed by sewers and written by sewers for sewers.  The business is called Sewlyte Designs and our first pattern is now being tested before being published, we hope, by the end of May.  However it will appear first here, on this blog, along with a limited time, special offer - watch this space!

5 comments: