Friday 3 March 2017

It's raining, it's pouring .......but!

Let's start with last night and the WI meeting.  It was our annual meeting and, over the year, I had entered all of the competitions - but not necessarily winning many.  I was therefore delighted to come second and receive a small amount of garden centre vouchers to spend on a treat.  Guess that my aim next year should be to come first then! Mind you - I didn't start well - my close up photo wasn't placed - but you do get a point for entering!

Today the weather has been grim - just the sort of day to go round and sort the errands out. First up was some goodies much needed essential supplies for a workshop next week.  This was closely followed by a grocery shop and some petrol - what an exciting life I lead!!!  Tomorrow is a church fund raising event and I promised to make my cheesecake.  For some reason the black cherry pie topping goes down well!







Then it was onto our local caravan park which has a leisure pool and small gym.  Each year I take out a non residential pass for the pool but didn't manage to use it much last year with all my "health" issues.  It opens again next Friday so time to pay for this year's pass - and use it more frequently to get my money's worth!!







After lunch, and a soggy dog walk ( Daisy looks like a drowned rat!), I then braved the craft room and spent sometime (more like just 10 minutes if I am truthful) tidying it up - this is going to take a looooong time - before settling down to some sewing.  This birthday present is due on Monday so I'd better get a shift on!!

1 comment:

  1. That pool looks so lovely here in the San Francisco Bay Area we have lots of micro climate areas most home and club pools are built into the ground and are completely outdoor and mostly used only in the warm summer months
    And there are a lot of home pools I have looked , via computer ,at my neighborhood you can't tell from the front of the house unless they have a pool service that happens to be there when you go by

    ReplyDelete