Wednesday 1 March 2017

A really "loving" day




After a bad nights sleep, I woke up to a lovely sunny day - one of those days that are full of possibilities.  After the pile of ironing was dispatched, I then prepared an embroidery panel for a birthday gift - you know how I like to have something to sew in the evening!








Next up was the start of several sessions of top stitching the WI hearts.  You may recall that we made 117 hearts last week but at least half of them needed to be finished off with top stitching - guess who volunteered!





Then it was onto the dreaded housework - I say dreaded because everywhere there were bits of red thread from the French General fabric I had used for the sashing and binding of the , erm, quilt,  Just as I was starting, Wendy and Nigel popped round to let Nigel see the ,erm, quilt.  Of course I apologised for the mess!  After they left, I set to with Millie and Daisy supervising from the sides - why do they always find the sunniest spot?  I even washed the windows at the front of the house with my Karcher gadget!  Go me!  Mind you - looking at the colour of the water I'm guessing that the windows were overdue a tad! 




After a now not so sunny dog walk at the beach, and some lunch, not to mention some top stitching of hearts, it was time to prune some hardy fuschias ready to fill the green bin (guess which bin is going out tonight?) and then head upstairs to make up the bed and lay the, erm, quilt out in its rightful place.  There may just have been 40 winks involved at some point during the afternoon (looking outside there has also been a lot of rain - great timing after my window washing efforts!) - but what's a tidy lounge for after all?


This evening I will make a start on the birthday gift.  I am looking forward to completing some small projects over the next couple of weeks with my nominated UFO for March being my Patchwork Sampler hanging that I started several years ago at my sewing class and which uses Lynette Anderson fabric - my plan is to take it on a sewing retreat at the end of the month so should be able to finish it there.

Talking about the, erm, quilt - well I did promise never to mention it again - it went down well last night at the sewing class - modesty prevents me from saying how well.  I uploaded a picture onto The Splendid Sampler facebook page and one of the instigators - Pat Sloan - commented that it was "Beautiful" - I will rest happy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an industrious day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was - so why don't I feel that I have achieved anything?

      Delete