Thursday 9 February 2017

Undefeated!





You may recall that I left you with a defeat - a splendid sampler block that just wasn't going right!  Well Sewingbuddy was right - I could not be defeated so set to and completed the first quarter before I went to bed.  Therefore the first job of the day today was to set to and make the remaining three quarters.  THREE HOURS later - I completed the 6 1/2 inch square!!!!!  Not a block that I am likely to repeat in a hurry!




Having washed the floor (well, I needed some light relief after that mammoth effort) in the kitchen, I decided to order the new dishwasher - I know, there's no definitive link there other than I was in the same room.  Initially they said that they would need to order one in but then rang back to say that 4 had just arrived in the warehouse and could they fit it next Tuesday - you see, I will get a valentine's day gift after all!

After some church admin, not to mention a quick tidy up of the craft room table after that block (why does paper piecing produce so much rubbish?), it was then time to start the pile of ironing that has accumulated.  You can see how exciting my life is can't you?  Meanwhile Daisy is on the mend - she is bouncing around like Tigger (even through the medical advice was to not allow her to jump up) and, this morning, took to her bed with a tea towel in her mouth ready to chew - normal service has been resumed! Tomorrow she will go to the vets for a check over -I would say that they should be pleased with her recovery!

2 comments:

  1. You certainly have some patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the block, , not looking forward to doing it myself after hearing your struggle.
    Glad Daisyvis recovered.

    ReplyDelete