Saturday 4 February 2017

The sun is out - and all is well in my world.

Last night, you may recall, we had the WI Christmas meal.  With 26 of us there the room was quite full but it was a great laugh (I can't repeat the kinds of topics that we covered!) - topped off with some Secret Santa presents.  Mine was a pair of portmerion mugs with a mug tray - very stylish!  Some of us stayed for the quiz - and our team did dreadfully!  I was impressed, however, with the music round where we scored a very respectable 17/20.  Jean was on fire!



This morning I woke up to  a lovely sunny morning.  Even the dog walk up at the beach was really warm - when the sun is out don't you feel so much better?  After the initial tidying up etc, I will admit to sewing another couple of splendid sampler blocks - oops.  One of them was a foundation piecing one and took me around 2 hours to do but, with the addition of a little embroidery, I do like the finished effect - even if I have adjusted it slightly!



After more housework - washing etc - and some lunch, it was time to settle down to the main event of the day - making a birthday cake for Sewingbuddy, who is ??????? today (I am being discrete - think racing towards retirement!)  She seemed interested in the apple and cheese cake that I made last weekend, so I have made that one, but I have also made a mystery cake as an extra present.  Mind you - I am hoping that it tastes better than it looks!!

Tonight I have to spend some time getting ready for Scamblesby tomorrow - organising which projects I am going to do and preparing all the fabric and notions for it.  Sometimes, when we arrive, it looks like we are all moving house!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm I do like the sound of that apple and cheese cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement, what's that?
    Not all as lucky as you!
    And as you said I am for the next 6 months older than you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. as I said - racing towards retirement age - you will get your old age pension before me after all!

    ReplyDelete