Sunday 19 February 2017

Spring is ....... springing

Well, after yesterday's gloomy weather it was a real treat to wake up to sunshine - and warm sunshine at that if you were in the sun.  The front of my house faces south so it is always warm and sunny - from midday onwards I have to have the blinds down in the craft room if I am working there since the sun is full on!  But I am not moaning - the sun really lifts your spirits!





First on the agenda was quilting the layered SS blocks - I have around 25 left to do out of the 110 so I am getting there.  Once quilted, the blocks all had to have their threads secured and removed before being cut to size - ready to place into position.






With the sun out, and my phone declaring the temperature to be 11 degrees (above the magic 10 degrees that I have been waiting for) I popped outside for a couple of hours of fence painting.  I have now painted enough of the fence to be able to build and position the veg trug - weyhey!  Of course the dogs supervised - Millie in her usual position whilst Daisy was all over the place - often digging when she thought that I wouldn't notice!  Looking at the longer term forecast, the temperature starts to drop from Tuesday onwards so I am pleased that I took the opportunity to get out there - even though my feet were frozen!

After a late lunch, and a dog walk in the sunshine, it was time to get ready for the textile group tomorrow morning.  We are starting a new project - reverse applique with felt - which should be interesting!  Tonight's craft will be more layering up of the remaining SS blocks with a view to quilting them tomorrow.  I am beginning to see the end in sight and it's an exciting view!

1 comment:

  1. Well we had the sun yesterday so it was your turn today! Well done on cracking on with the fence.

    ReplyDelete