Wednesday 1 February 2017

Sometimes you just don't realise what you have got!

Today I needed to get ready for the WI meeting tomorrow so a trip to the garden centre and supermarket was in order.  This time I went to Woodthorpe Garden Centre - which is in the opposite direction to Grimsby but which prides itself on growing plants from scratch and therefore you can get better plants for lower prices.  I picked some lovely primulas - 10 for £8!  I also noticed this Easter egg - YUK!!  But I know some people who would love it!






Once home, and in the mood for gardening even though the weather was not suitable, I watched the video about how to put my veg trug together.  It soon became clear that I needed an electric screwdriver which I did used to have but had no idea where it might be.  I did, however, clear the shed out last year and came across a plastic box - when I opened it today there was, ta da, an electric drill / screwdriver!!  So it's on charge now and I am hoping that it will work!!  Mind you I can't put the veg trug together yet - I need the temperature to rise slightly before I can paint the fence that will be behind the trug.  Once the trug is filled there will be no chance of moving it!





A new month sees a new UFO to be completed.  As I said this month I have chosen a tiny project - so tiny that I have finished it already!  It's a container to house some thread and threaded needles so that you will always have something in your handbag for running repairs - I bought the kit from the Harrogate show last November for about £2.50!



Mind you I also came across my Lynette Anderson Sampler squares that I started at my first Tuesday Night sewing class.  The idea is to make a wall hanging to go behind my bed and I need to quilt 2 squares, make another two and finish a couple off before adding sashing and binding to them all.  Hmm - I wonder if this project could be done by the end of February?  Let me think about that one!







Craftwise, I have also managed to knock off a couple of blocks.  However, as you can see from this "cross" square, there was a deliberate mistake causing the emergence of the seam ripper!  In fact my next job was to sit down and work out which ones I have done, which ones have been quilted and which ones have had sashing attached.  It's beginning to get a tad confusing!  Once finished I realised that I have 16 blocks to go before this journey is finished - and 4 of them have not been published yet - so I am not doing too badly!









The final task of the day was to deep clean the fridge - and to remove those items that were hiding at the back - I think this yoghurt was the oldest!!  I don't set a great store by use by dates but I think that I will give this one a swerve!






Lastly I must just share this picture of Daisy with you.  She decided, last night, that the sofa wasn't comfortable enough - so she snuck down by the side of the chair and "hid".  Bless x  Mind you - she seems to have pinched the coaster to chew on later!

No comments:

Post a Comment