Friday 3 February 2017

Never give up ....




You may recall that, last night, I left you with a distinctly squiffy square.  However some trimming and ironing into shape, plus the addition of another border, and I have ended up with something that I can live with.  Since I tend to love Radley bags I also have some suitable buttons for the clasps - but I will leave these off until it is quilted - buttons have a habit of getting in the way!






Today Daisy went off for her 6 weekly grooming appointment.  Since she is going to be spayed next week, the timing is good - long hair would tend to get in the way.  Even Millie tends to miss her for the hour or so and greeted Daisy with some enthusiasm when she returned.







This morning is a nice and bright one so, wait for it, my next task was to get out into the garden.  I know - get me!!  My plum tree has not really borne much fruit in recent years so I have read up about it.  Apparently I need to clear any grass / weeds from the trunk and then add bone meal from February onwards.  So that was my job this morning.  Mind you - it was an easier task than stopping the dogs eating the bone meal!! Even though it had all been dug in they did persist!  yuk.





Next up was, of course, some sewing.  It wouldn't be a blog without mentioning it now would it?  First up was to finish attaching the sashing to the quilted squares - there are now enough to form a third row.  The downside being that I now have to set to cutting more backing and wadding squares - not my favourite job!




Then it was onto a couple more squares - one of which I had done at Scamblesby a fortnight ago and it has been sitting there waiting for the central applique to be attached and finished.  I took these photos before I blanket stitched around the appliques and embroidered the swirls.  However this means that I now have just 14 blocks left to reach 100 - woohoo! Of course me being me , not to mention that this is for a king size bed, I am planning to do 10 rows of 11 blocks so will need some of those bonus blocks to make 110 in total!

Tonight it is the WI Christmas meal - where we all get glammed up, take a present and share in good company.  This time last year we even won the quiz!!


2 comments:

  1. Christmas just keeps on coming for you doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well - some people celebrate it every day!

      Delete