Thursday 23 February 2017

My dilemma

On the one hand I am going out tomorrow, and taking a couple of friends with me, so the car needs a wash and inside clean (wow - have you seen the state of the boot after the dogs had been in there after their walks!!) plus petrol to get us there.  Diva Daisy has bitten through both her lead and Millie's and my spares won't hold a strong pull.  I need sewing thread and some embroidery threads plus felt to finish the textile group's current project before Monday plus some bits and bobs from the supermarket.


On the other hand last night's hand sewing showed me that this quilt will take longer than I thought and I could really do with a day in - particularly since I am out tonight, all day tomorrow (where I can get the sewing and embroidery threads) and tomorrow night - in order to meet Saturday's deadline.

Now what would you do?




I must admit that I have thought about every conceivable way around my dilemma but, in the end, decided to be sensible.  I know, I know, it's so unlike me but there again, my friends are more important than a quilt (did I really say that out loud?) so off I went, in the eye of the storm (well, it was a little bit windy and wet but the sun was shining) to sort the car out (I was the only one there so the car was cleaned in record time!), buy the leads and get the petrol. If ( and I am taking a huge gulp here with a little background sob ) the quilt isn't finished on Saturday then it's not the end of the world (sob sob sob).





Of course my errands didn't take all day so there was some housework to do - I am really enjoying the quick turn around of the dishwasher - but then I will admit to more sewing of the quilt strips (plus some undoing!!).  After all - there was news of expected power cuts so I really wanted to do the machining whilst I still had power! I also had to get ready for tonight - it's the WI craft group and we are sewing bonding hearts to donate to the neonatal unit at Grimsby Hospital.  If you want to find out more then here is the link to the instructions and pattern.



I must also share with you a little box of treasure that arrived in the post.  You may recall that I am trying to improve my crochet skills so I treated myself to a monthly subscription - and this arrived today.  Even the box is gorgeous but look what you get as you open - isn't the packaging beautiful?  There are 9 mini balls of wool, with a colour chart if you ever wanted to buy more, along with the correct size hook and a pattern booklet - this month it's from Lucy at Attic 24 which is why I subscribed in the first place.  In the box there is also a lovely stitch marker, a free brooch and a set of wool related stickers - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  Must not get distracted, must not get distracted, must not .......... 







3 comments:

  1. I've always thought those boxes look amazing! Cant wait to see what you make.
    Decisions decisions, you do have some decisions to make don't you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you cleaned the car out,
    And so what if the quilt isn't finished for Saturday, you only have yourself to answer to
    And that crochet pack looks lovely, almost makes me want to start crochet in an order to have a pack!
    So please stop me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the peek inside the box, lovely and bright x

    ReplyDelete