Sunday 12 February 2017

Groundhog day!




This morning was meant to be spent at church, but I had a message late yesterday afternoon to say that it had been cancelled due to illness so my morning started a tad later than expected.  I had, however, volunteered to go round to church and put a notice up.  BAD mistake - the weather today is worse than yesterday - wind and rain - VERY cold! 






Once back in, and after the dogs had been given their treat which they "demand" at 10:30 every morning, there was nothing for it - back to the sewing again.  I had honestly thought that I had finished all the blocks which involved foundation paper piecing - but I was wrong.  Cue another 2 1/2 hours on a single block!  I am getting a little better and do enjoy it more than I did at the start - but!!









Of course the dogs resumed their usual position!







After lunch, I lit the fire and spent some time embroidering the blocks from yesterday.  I watched a really interesting film based on a true story - The man who knew infinity.  It starred Dev Patel, Jeremy Irons, Toby Jones - and mathematics - what is not to like?







 
 


Then I started today's block - its block 100 and the last block in the project - unless I am right and there's a bonus one on Tuesday.  We started this journey on February 14th 2016 and its strange to think that well over 20000 people from around the world have been brought together on the same project.  I have to say that this block very nearly defeated me - and I had to walk away at one stage.  It is certainly not my best but I am planning to embroider 100 in the centre and so can add some balloons to hide the messed up corners!





Apart from general housework (the kitchen cupboard will need a blitz before the dishwasher arrives on Tuesday - I have no idea where it is actually plugged in!!), the only other task for today is to get ready for the Monday Morning Gang (slimming support group).  It will be interesting to see how everyone has got on tomorrow.  I know that I only lasted two days without milk in my coffee - my life is far too short for that one!

1 comment:

  1. It was very cold and dreary in the Leicester area too...but by the time we got down south the skies were blue and sun out...but still a bit chilly!
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete