Saturday 18 February 2017

First milestone achieved!

Back in late December I came across a facebook page which challenged you to walk 1000 miles in a year.  It was up to you what kind of steps you counted - some people, like me, count every step they take, some put on walking boots at the weekend and do long hikes - only counting these steps.  However you count them, the idea is to challenge yourself to this 1000 miles over the year - seemed doable I thought and so it became my New Year's Resolution.  Each day I enter my mileage from my Fitbit watch into my spreadsheet and out comes my running total.  Well, today, I broke through the first 100 mile bracket!!  Yey - go me!!  Now, truthfully, I am 34 miles behind schedule but, there again, I have been poorly and Daisy's op has limited the walks for a while but the weather is improving so I am hopeful that we can catch up !!


So, what about today?  Well, you can see from the pictures of our walk, the weather has been dull, overcast and cold.  Nevertheless we started with some housework - washing, bed stripping etc - and then moved on to building a couple of SS blocks - one that had to be redone and one of the bonus blocks.  The original bonus block was to celebrate going back to school and had an ABC, 1 2 3 motif.  Being a maths teacher, by trade, I couldn't resist a little algebra now could I?

Wendy popped round for coffee and a catch up - now I wasn't going to resist the urge for a break now was I - before we set off for our walk.  After lunch, and bed making of course, it was back on to the sewing trail and the quilting of some of the layered up blocks.  All the time with music / tv on in the background.  Listening to Radio 2, our tune (Oh what a night by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons) was number one  41 year ago!!  I was just 15 then - help!!  I managed to do the last bonus block (there's just one block left - the label) but have started to sew my bits of wadding together to eek out my supply!!  By the time you cut wadding bigger than you need and trim down you get through a heck of a lot!!

I am at the theatre again tonight so now have some handsewing to take with me although I honestly don't know how much I will be able to get done! We, err, tend to talk rather too much!

1 comment: