Monday 27 February 2017

A hodge podge of a day!

Today started with The Monday Morning group where, ahem, we just about broke even - some losing and some gaining!  Then it was onto The Textile Group where we were starting a Christmas block for a wall hanging - there are 4 blocks in all and this is the start of the journey.  I had chosen this project so that they learnt / practised the needleturn appliqué technique.  The "students' have now gone away with their homework - plus a large shopping list of appliqué needles and threads!  If you are interested in how the finished hanging should look then check out Patchwork Allsorts blog here! (Hint - scroll down to her December project!)


Home for lunch, it was then time to sew the border to the SS quilt before heading out with the dogs before going back to the church hall to chair a church meeting - ah well, at least we didn't have to put everything away from this morning!

Last night, I managed to try a little crochet project from that cute crochet box.  It's a mug warmer but gave me the chance to practise the double crochet stitch.  I will confess to doing 6 rows before I realised that I must have watched a US YouTube and been doing Treble stitch instead of double.  Ah well - pull it out and start again!  I am pleased with the way it has gone so far and my tension doesn't look too bad - I now need to add a border, loop and button and then it will be finished.

Tonight?  well I would like to think that I will finish the mug warmer but, then again, I would like to finish the SS quilt - let's see if I can do both!!

4 comments:

  1. LOL at the wrong YouTube video! Looking good. Oops to the weigh ins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't happened to mention who gained and who lost????
    Crochet looks good, I am sure you will get both done tonight.
    Knowing you!
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really fun project you are working on... although I have to confess I sped things up a bit by using fusible applique as I left it a bit last minute! Love your mug cosy! Christine x

    ReplyDelete