Sunday 8 January 2017

Whitework - or, rather, creamwork

Today was another sewing day - this time a workshop at Needles and Threads doing whitework.  Truthfully I could have done without going out and, at one point, considered not going but it was paid for- so tally ho!

I couldn't have asked for a more relaxing day.  We were instructed how to make a needlecase embroidered using some whitework techniques - albeit using DMC ecru perle 8 thread on cork linen.  We were aiming to make this.


but, and mine was called perfect by the teacher I would have you know, I only got this far today and have the instructions to finish it at home - so that's another UFO then!






Needless to say we were looked after with a small slice of coffee, cardomen and pistachio cake at elevenses ad smoked salmon quiche / Mediterranean vegetables frittata with a variety of fresh breads and salads for lunch.  There was also another class there in the morning - a get to know your sewing machine.  It took me back to when I started - they were so proud of their storage bags!

Tonight, after getting ready for the craft group tomorrow and finishing the pile of ironing, I am aiming to finish the latest block from "A Quilter Lives here" - wish me luck!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your day, cake sounded fab! As usual.
    Won't be long before you finish the quilters quilt,
    What next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that would be telling - will have to see what's in my UFO box!

    ReplyDelete