Friday 13 January 2017

What a difference 30 minutes makes.

Well, my overnight bag was packed and placed ready by the door.  A change of clothing close to hand.  Important documents up high and ready to take with me.  If the flood was coming then I was ready. So - what did I wake up this morning?  This:-

Thankful that all the preparations weren't necessary, I went about my normal ablutions.  As I was feeding the dogs - they do like a bit of breakfast in the morning - I noticed that the light was a funny orange.  Within half an hour of getting up, this was the scene!  Thankfully I wasn't due to go out today, because it looked quite bad at one point, but I have to report that, by 10:30am , the snow had all gone.  Ah well!









Of course the winter scene should have been an excuse for a nice sewing day by the fire.  What else would you expect from me after all?  Well - Millie had other ideas!  She had found a gravy stock pot, tore it open and devoured it - leaving traces all over the lounge carpet!  So time was spent cleaning that off.







Then, in the cleaning mood, I mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors.  I use lemon flash in my water and love the clean feeling it gives.  By now, however, this wretched cold was taking its strain and so a cuppa and some Tuesday night sewing was in order.  It's not due until a week on Tuesday but I wanted to get it out of the way and so worked my way through it.  Now every square has to be cut in half and the seams pressed open - but I will leave that for another day!





This afternoon, I am afraid, I was well and truly flagging so had a "duvet afternoon" on the sofa with some hand sewing and Midsummer Murders.  The latest flood news for our area is a downgraded version with the tide expected to be just 1.2 m over the sea defence.  I think that my evening will be safe - but I still have everything ready just in case!  Let's hope that everyone is safe - I really don't understand those people who complain about being warned - and then it doesn't happen.  Surely its better to be pre-warned?  It should be safer!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are safe and dry...some people are just never happy are they!

    ReplyDelete