Monday 30 January 2017

What are your thoughts about Donny Osmond?

This morning, sadly, was an early start - it was my last nurse / leg appointment and she no longer needs to see me - yay!!  I know that this has been a marathon but it's nice to see it over and done with - and now I don't have to waste up to an hour twice a week to travel and see her.

Next on the agenda was the craft group.  As ever, we were following the schedule but I might have been a tad optimistic.  Last week we embroidered a panel which would sit at the top of a sewing bag which we started to assemble today.  The schedule says that we should have finished today -but no chance.  Instead we all worked hard, enjoyed a good catch up, moaned a little about how we would like longer and left with homework to do - and next week to finish the bag.  Oops!  The skill required of this project (every project has been chosen to develop a skill) was to achieve perfectly matched corners - there was some seam ripping going on with only a couple asking me to check their corners - bless!


After lunch and, erm, 40 winks (well the nurse says that I still have to rest my leg whenever possible!) it was then time to think about making a dent in the craft room.  Last night I finished this month's UFO and so really need to return some order to the chaos before moving on.  February's UFO target is a tiny project - a portable sewing kit that I bought at Harrogate last November.  This is so that I can focus on the large / ginormous project of finishing The Splendid Sampler quilt by the end of March (gosh, have I really said that out loud?)  The finished quilt will go on the bed upstairs and, since Mum and Dad come up at Easter usually, it would be nice to have it finished for their arrival so that they can admire it - before folding it away whilst they use the blankets and sheets!  On the grounds that I have only completed about 60% of the blocks, let alone the quilting etc, I better get a wriggle on!

And the title of the blog?  Well that was the title of an email I got from Nottingham Arena - no doubt checking my experience but I did chuckle at what responses they may have had from some of the women who went!

2 comments:

  1. Good news on the leg...and I still don't know where you get your energy/enthusiasm from for all this sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now let's be honest - what else what I do? Housework? I don't think so ........

      Delete