Friday 6 January 2017

Well - that was a big mistake!

What did I do?  Well - I had had the heating on all day over the last couple of days and it was getting too warm.  So - I turned it back to the timer.  By mid day I gave in - wow - its cold up here.  Walking the dogs at the beach my hands were raw red - time to get those gloves and scarves out!

So  what exciting things did I get up to today?  Erm some tidying up - yes things are close to being back to normal - and then preparation for my sewing day at Scamblesby tomorrow.  First up was the fabric needed for Lyn's block.  You may recall but this year we are setting ourselves the challenge to design our own quilt - every month someone brings in a pattern and a sample for us to look at.  Lyn kicked us off with this folded log cabin pattern so I spent some time cutting everything to size and ironing the strips to form the lob cabin.







Then I was on to a secret project of my own - well, ish.  I have asked 4 designers to create a block for us and Christine kindly sent one through for me - so I have printed the instructions off and will distribute them tomorrow.  Pictures to follow next month Christine - but thank you.









Next up was the preparation of another secret project - this time a Christmas present for next Christmas - I know, I know!!







Finally I collected together the blocks for A Quilter Lives Here and the fabric squares to go around each of them.  The reason I love Scamblesby, apart from the excellent company of course ( we joke about how the group of us would make ideal companions in a retirement home!), is that you can get an awful lot done in that 6 hours (quite apart from the talking and eating of course!)


 



Last job for the day was mopping the floor - hardly the most newsworthy story I know - but look at how dirty the hall floor gets when you've walked the dogs - the beach car park is in a dreadful state.  Mind you - you should see the car!!

1 comment:

  1. WHAT...getting organised for NEXT Christmas?? You obviously have my share of the organisation genes!

    ReplyDelete