Monday 2 January 2017

Spring cleaning comes early

Having come down with a  cold in Devon, I woke up with a streaming nose and aching limbs. Grr I had so much planned for today - not least trying to find homes for everything that I had brought home with me!

First job on the list was to declutter the kitchen store cupboard.  It has become so disorganised that food will go out of date - I just can't see what is in there!  My mantra was "out of date, throw it, in date but don't want to keep, give it away to the food bank".  The result was a couple of very satisfying empty shelves! 



It's a good job that it's bin collection day tomorrow - look how old this cornflour was!

In-between my shelf efforts I started to unpack the many bags that were brought home.  I'm not sure where everything is going to go - but, as a start, anything for next Christmas was put on the stairs ready to take up - and, I haven't finished yet - gulp!

After two loads of washing, plus a dishwashing load emptied and then refilled, it was time for lunch.  Mum had kindly packed me up with a freezer bag full of goodies and, under her advice, Dad's soup had been gently heating up in the slow cooker all morning.  I don't know how it is with you but it is quite brrrrr here.  I lit the fire (very decadent of me I know) and settled down with some steaming soup and tv catch up.

40 winks later ( well 80 more like it but I am poorly - honest!), more unpacking and sorting out, plus an online grocery delivery and things are beginning to get a little more sorted this end.  I love Christmas, but I also love getting back into some sort of routine.

2 comments: