Wednesday 11 January 2017

So - bring on the snow

Well - its been forecast to be gale-force winds followed by snow over the next few days - looking at the sunshine outside I am not convinced - but will admit to popping out and buying milk and veg - just in case!

I woke up early this morning - around 5:30am - coughing and spluttering.  I think that I must have what is now being called "The Queen's cold" - albeit nowhere near as bad.  I am not laid up in bed, for example, but the cough has now gone to my chest so I don't feel great and am in two minds about whether to go out tonight.  Tonight is the RSC live showing of The Tempest and they are pushing the boundaries by working with INTEL technologies - the reviews are fantastic.  You may also recall that I pledged to see every production so I will see how I feel later on, after I am dosed up!!  I will let you know tomorrow!

The house is now beginning to emerge from under its cluttered appearance and I even managed some admin - posting Trisha's strictly ticket to her.  However I will admit to sandwiching work in between bouts of rest - rather than the other way around!  Mind you - it did give me time to look through Wendy's new book and add a few projects to this year's list!!


Craft wise I have now finished the Quilters Shop block and it is ready to have it's border attached.  I have also made good progress with Terry's Scamblesby block - again it just needs a border plus a little embroidery to finish.

3 comments:

  1. Such a shame your cold is not only hanging around, but getting worse.
    If you get any snow...send some this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your blocks, well done, like you waiting for the snow!
    Hope you feel better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks Lynda! Hope you feel better soon! Christine x

    ReplyDelete