Sunday 1 January 2017

Only 51 weeks to go - until Christmas Day!

Well - it just had to be said now didn't it!

May I start with an apology.  We had what some people may call extremely dodgy internet from Thursday onwards which made it impossible to blog.  However I am now home and am revelling in the 24 / 7 access!

However - apart from saying that my 7 hour journey home went extremely well (leaving at 8am on New Years Day is always a good move - most people are still having a lie in!) - today is somewhat short on content.  Therefore I thought that I would reveal some of the craft projects that I have been talking about throughout the year but couldn't mention due to them being Christmas presents.




The first one was the result of a workshop at Bramble Patch.  Since my brothers and family all support Leicester City and they, of course, won the premiership this season, I made them all a cushion with a patchwork fox and an embroidered label at the side marking their achievements.  It had a good reception!  Mind you - a friend then made me one so that we could all have a fox cushion - bless her xx



Then there was this present for my cousin - and it was the one that my sewing teacher said was the nicest present she had seen.  There were 12 fabric "postcards" with an embroidered verse from the scriptures - courtesy of Allie-oops designs and Jenny of Elefantz.  I then made up a small quilt hanging garden scene with a washing line to peg the postcards out onto.  Again it was well received.







 
 


Finally there was the "blue project" that I kept talking about.  It was from an out of print book and was the first ever bargello quilt that I had attempted.  Since my brother loves Dr Who I used blues and found an embroidered Tardis patch to put in the centre.  He was blown away with it and I even got a round of applause!  I have no idea how to top that one!





So - that's Christmas, and 2016, over and done with.  Who knows what 2017 holds for us all but let me finish by wishing everyone a safe and healthy one xx

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back!
    And that the presents were all appreciated.
    Makes all that hard work seem worth it, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are safely home. Thank you for all our lovely pressies...especially that amazing washing line project!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for ours as well - the quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good journey home! You certainly made lots of lovely gifts Lynda and I am pleased that they were all well received! Hope 2017 is a good year for you! Christine x

    ReplyDelete