Monday 23 January 2017

It's always better to deal with a problem head on.

This week, like last Monday, I had an early appointment at the surgery (look at this wonderful sunrise I was treated to).  Like last Monday, the same employee walked in at the same time as me - around 8:30am - and, from the sounds of things, proceeded to boil the kettle and have a good laugh with some of her colleagues before calling her first appointment through.  Nothing essentially wrong with this scenario - unto you realise that the first appointment is 8:30am.  Ever since last week, when the appointment was called through ten minutes late with an accompanying "better see some patients now", I have fumed. Some people will have chosen an early appointment so that they can get to work on time and yet they are subjected to hilarity and a seemingly laissez-faire attitude.  Of course, as the week has gone on, I have pondered whether to leave it, have a word with someone etc - this is a young member of staff who will, I have no doubt, turn into a cracking member of staff.  In the end I spoke to my nurse who admitted that she had had similar thoughts and we decided that a quiet word might solve the problem.  I really hope that she takes the advice in the manner in which it is given.


After the surgery visit, it was then onto the craft group where a lot of hand sewing took place before making the sewing bag next week.  We even decided to scale the bag up slightly which will affect all the measurements - brave or stupid?  Once home I unpacked the car - including the 3 tubs that Jean's husband found for me for my potato growing efforts - my garden will be a veritable allotment at this rate!




After a quick turn around, it was then out to a WI committee meeting for a couple of hours followed by a cold and frosty walk up at the beach.  It was really nice to come home to a warm house.  Tonight's craft objective is to finish appliqueing the named leaves on my "family tree" block.  With over 30 family members it's looking like a fulsome tree!

1 comment:

  1. Well done for tackling the issue....I know just how you feel,our dentist is the same, and its the senior members of staff who chit chat whilst we are the only people in the waiting room, way past our appointment time! I sit and seethe!

    ReplyDelete