Thursday 5 January 2017

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall ......




After a long and leisurely lie in, I surfaced to face a day of bits n bobs - one of those days with nothing much planned but lots of tasks to complete.  First up was the slow cooker - making a large pot of ham broth with lentils, veg etc.  I had soaked some pulse overnight and now the slow cooker could work its magic throughout the day.  Still - it was an excuse to use one of my new "Red" soup bowls!




Next up was a trip to Tesco's followed by a pop in to see Jean who has been poorly - it was good to see that she was on the mend.  Whilst I was out, however, Humpty Dumpty (or should I be more explicit and say a box of eggs) fell on the floor in the kitchen (no doubt Millie had a helping hand in that action!)  Annoying - yes, but it can be cleaned up.  What I didn't reckon on was Millie's sudden "kiss curl" in the long hair of her ears - cue a lengthy grooming session!


This afternoon, other than a  visit to the nurse to dress my leg (we are nearly there - hooray) was a "getting ready for the WI meeting".  Birthday gifts to wrap and raffle prizes to sort out - it's all good (as they say).




So -no craft today but I did make a start on the quilting shop that forms the last block on the "A Quilter Lives Here" hanging.  Its all blanket stitched by hand and its tough going through several layers - a real labour of love!

1 comment: