Tuesday 3 January 2017

Day of the glass storage jar

This morning started early - so early I even had to defrost the car!  Imagine!  Anyway it was off to the surgery to get the leg dressed - and my dressings for the last 3 weeks examined to see how effective they had been.  As I thought, the wounds are getting much better - in fact one of them could just be left to the open air now and the second one isn't far behind.  Maybe I should retrain as a nurse?

Then it was onto Tesco's.  Having checked my online order off last night, there was 10 items missing!  The costs were refunded but I needed the ingredients so nipped up, as well as filling up with petrol. Whilst I was there I bought these small glass storage jars to extend my store cupboard re-organisation.  (I am sparing you some really gory pictures - I hope that you appreciate the effort.  The worst one was a plastic tub of sunflower seeds!)

Continuing with the decluttering I also loaded the dishwasher with some glass storage jars to refresh them and refill.  I discovered two empty containers of self raising flour - so why have I got an open bag in the cupboard?  Go figure!

The other task was that of taking down Christmas and packing it away.  Why does it take longer to do that than putting it out?  Other than walking the dogs up at the beach - now that we dog walkers can reclaim it from the many visitors looking at the seals - the rest of the afternoon was spent on the couch.  Lazy I know - but all the more enjoyable for it!

Craftwise you may have noticed that I haven't mentioned anything.  Well - that's because I haven't quite got my head in gear yet.  I must admit. though, it is feeling very strange not hand sewing in the evening.  Note to self - must do better!

2 comments: