Saturday 28 January 2017

Childhood wishes come true

When I was twelve
You sang "Puppy Love"
You looked into my eyes
We fitted together like a hand in glove
 
When I was thirteen
I learnt to knit
That free pattern from Jackie
For that purple and white hat that didn't quite fit
 
When I was fourteen
We moved away and I grew up
I left you behind
Still singing about that lonely pup
 
Years have gone by
And we have all moved on
Yet on the 28th January 2017
I find myself travelling to Nottingham
 
As I sit in the arena
With middle aged women shouting "We love the Osmonds"
I am twelve years old again
Hugging my pillowcase with a transfer of Donny Osmond
 
 
 


By the way - did I mention that Wendy and I are off to see Donny Osmond tonight?  More of this tomorrow!!

3 comments:

  1. Memories - what would you pay to be able to travel back in time and 12 years old again!
    Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if we didn't know what we know now. To be wise at that age would be a waste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great poem! You introduced me to Donny when I was around 9 and I was still too much in love with Cliff to give Donny a second glance...but now he has grown up...and so have I...well move over Cliff is all I can say! Would I pay to travel back in time and be 12....not on your nelly!

    ReplyDelete