Tuesday 31 January 2017

Blocks 79, 65 and 81 completed!

When I started to write this blog, the aim was to record the ways in which I filled the first 365 days of retirement.  Given that I am now just 4 months from celebrating two years of joblessness, it should be understandable that there will be some days, like today, where my day will seem very dull compared to most!

I woke up to the sound of Daisy whining - given that it was before 8am I hope that is not a habit she is getting into! Given that it's a Tuesday you'd be forgiven for presuming that we were planning to go to the cinema but, sadly, there was nothing on that we wanted to see.  Therefore a day at home stretched out before me!  Well, what is a girl to do?  I had already stated my UFO aim for the end of March so I got started - those Splendid Sampler blocks again!

I had already "bagged" up three blocks - two which involved paper piecing, a technique that I dislike and which takes sooooo long to do - and so started the final leg of this journey with these.  By mid morning I had finished  this block



whilst the second one took a tad longer.


After a break to walk the dogs at the beach, have lunch and light the fire, it was then onto the last block for the day.  It was supposed to be the easiest but was still very "faffy".

After a quick phone call to the neonatal unit at Grimsby Hospital to check that they would use Bonding Hearts if the WI made them (they will) it was time to draw the curtains and hunker down for the evening.  As I said at the beginning, not the most interesting of days - but we all have them! In fact the most interesting part was finding out that Millie's lead had snapped in the car!!

Tonight I am going to enjoy a bar of chocolate - tomorrow I am going to do the sugar free February.  Looking at the list I think that I can give them all a swerve with the exception of cakes when we sew at Scamblesby.  Therefore I am going to put £1 in a pot for every day that I don't eat sugar in February and then donate the total to Cancer Research.  Only yesterday I heard that an acquaintance had died from Breast Cancer - this is happening too much at the moment and so if I can do a little to help then I will.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure your day could be called dull and it certainly was productive! As you say, we hear too much of lives lost to cancer :(

    ReplyDelete