Tuesday 10 January 2017

Anything green must be good for you - right?

Today is the start of an unusual run of days with no appointments, nothing planned, no days out etc.  I am out for the next three nights - sewing, cinema and theatre - but these lovely days stretched ahead of me and, I hope, will see some structure and order back in the house (who am I kidding?)


 


First task, therefore, was an admin one - booking the dogs into the kennels for their holidays.  I am away on 4 separate occasions, starting in March, so it was a job that needed to be done before everywhere gets booked up.  I then phoned the vets to organise Daisy's booster injections - can you believe that it was a year ago that Daisy came to stay with us?  Look how much she has changed!  She still fits in the first bed that Auntie Wendy and I bought for her though.  Mind you, as I type this, Millie is curled up in it and Daisy is in Millie's - go figure!  By the way - the dirty marks on the wall are due to Daisy's jumping efforts to see the postman when he comes!





After a spell of ironing and pinning - getting ready for the sewing class tonight -  I then started some cooking.  First up was another batch of slow cooker soup which will be ready for tomorrow.  Then it was the time for the big one!  I had come across this strange recipe for "Herby Bread" and just had to try it.  I had Kale but didn't have courgette, and substituted butter for coconut butter, but boy oh boy, this is nice.  It's bright green but, apparently, is very nice toasted with a poached egg on so that's my breakfast tomorrow - if it lasts that long!

This afternoon was the vet's appointment for Daisy, followed by a dog walk in this rare sunshine.  Then it was time to pack the car ready for sewing.  Is the house sorted then?  Err no - but there are 5 more days!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm bread looks and sounds good! Wouldn't even know where to buy coconut butter!
    Ahhh a whole year with Daisy.....wasn't she small!

    ReplyDelete