Wednesday 18 January 2017

Another green offering

The weather here is gloomy so it's been a day of housework, ironing  and sorting.  On the ground that I don't imagine for one minute that you want endless photos of dusters and hoovers, I thought I would do a craft round up.  Sometimes all those few minutes spent during the day or in the evening can mount up and I can forget to report progress. 






First up was Terry's block.  You may recall that I had to redo it when the embroidery floss melted.  Well - here is version 2. 








Whilst the embroidery threads were out I set to and completed a splendid Sampler block, published just before Christmas.







Talking about the blocks, I have started to add the sashing and might even be tempted to sew my first row soon!









I also made some home made soup in my soup maker - Kale soup.  Kale is a vegetable that I have only recently discovered and, whilst this soup looks more like a sludge, it was a very tasty soup indeed - albeit I didn't have any celery!




After being almost physically sick listening to Vanessa Feltz today talking about dog fighting (it's disgusting - please don't torture yourself listening to it on iplayer - dog fighting that is, not Vanessa Feltz!), I also went online to check my pension forecast.  It was a very easy process to do, and you can do your own through this link, but I didn't particularly understand the answer.  If £X is the maximum then that was my forecast in big letters in a big green box.  Well, I figured, that makes sense, I have worked for 33 years plus a couple of years earning smaller amounts when at college doing holiday work.  But then the screen went on in smaller letters to suggest that the amount may be £30 less per week unless I want to spend the next 8 years making NI contributions.  I think that's a no then!  However the smaller figure was around what I had originally anticipated so that would be okay - just a tad confusing!  In any case - I am not due to receive it until 4th December 2026 so anything could happen before then!

Tonight I am going to gird my loins and try out the spiraliser - wish me luck!  Photographic evidence to follow!



2 comments:

  1. Ooo I love kale, we used to have it every Sunday with a roast! My favourite greens I think.
    Know what you mean about the Gov website, not easy is it and like you they want me to make more contributions...no fear! Looking forward to seeing how the spiraliser works out...haven't tried mine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiraliser lol!
    Forgot about that?
    Should have advertised it along with the other unused items!

    ReplyDelete