Tuesday 24 January 2017

An embarassment of riches

You will never guess what.  Today, being Tuesday, I went to the cinema.  I know - what a shocker!!!

Like last week, there was nothing on the Senior Screen that we wanted to see so we chose to see Lion instead.  However, again like last week, we started with a visit to the garden centre for an early "lunch".  Having been a bit disappointed with last week's scone, this time we both chose a breakfast.  This was the small version so heaven knows how big the large one was - but it was incredibly tasty! 






I also picked up a couple of bargains from their sale tables - one is a future Christmas stocking filler and this set of shelves for the craft room - half priced because there are two hearts missing.  I am sure that something can be done here!




After that, it was off to the cinema, armed with our takeaway coffee and free lotus biscuit (who said we weren't living the dream!!).  Having really enjoyed La La Land last week, I was looking forward to Lion, which I now understand has been nominated for a bunch of Oscars.  I was not disappointed.  There was collective sobbing from the audience - as loud as when we went to see Les Miserables - but I would describe it as a truly beautiful film.  The biggest shame, however, was that the lead actor - a 5 year old - has been overlooked for any award nomination - he really does deserve it!




Once home, it was really sunny and pleasantly warm - in fact if the temperature continues to rise, I might be able to get on with painting the she cave! - it was up to the beach with the dogs.  I really enjoy the walk in these conditions - but look at the mess that it leaves in the hallway!







The "tree of life" block is coming along wit just four more names to add, some hearts and some embroidery in the panel.  However tonight is my sewing class so I am not sure how much of the block will be done tonight.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like an all round good day! Love the bargains too!

    ReplyDelete