Tuesday 20 December 2016

You're never too old to learn

When I went to bed last night I joked that I would see everyone tomorrow afternoon.  Well it wasn't quite that bad but it was approaching 10 am!  It's the luxury of a comfortable bed / knowing that mum would look after the dogs / having dogs that will wait patiently until we get up.  It's a hard life down here!

After breakfast, and some housework, I then settled down to finishing the title panel from A Quilter Lives Here.  There's just one more panel to go before adding borders, wadding and backing- not much more then!

Whilst I was ironing the panel I noticed a mark being left by the iron - so went to my handbag.  Mum was astonished to see me using a paracetamol to rub gently over the iron ( be careful - the iron is on so it is hot - watch your fingers). See - you are never too old to learn!

My next task was to return to my bete noir - the Lynette Anderson block.  I haven't brought everything down that I need so won't be able to finish it but hoped that a concentrated period of time would bring better results.  Unfortunately starting this block coincided with a decision to go out for the afternoon so time became limited but at least I made a start.

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of that trick with the paracetamol either. Is Daisy showing off a new coat?

    ReplyDelete