Friday 16 December 2016

Well - what's a girl to do?

Mum decided that today would be her cooking day - a day to make some goodies for the freezer ( now that we have tidied it and made space!). Dad spent the day upstairs at the computer getting ready for the carol service on Sunday so that left me with a free day.  Well, I ask you, what's a girl to do with all that spare time?  She could got out shopping but, nah, let's keep the pennies in my purse!

Instead I made use of the time and sewed ( bet you weren't expecting that one?). I am intending to "quilt as you go" my splendid sampler  blocks and have brought down enough backing and wadding to quilt 30 or so - so did another 10 this morning, some with straight lines and others using free machine quilting techniques - all whilst listening to the Archers Omnibus from last Sunday.

Next up was a couple of SS blocks that could be done simply - particularly since I brought down pre cut pieces.  I have other blocks to do but they are foundation pieced so not my favourite technique - all the time overseen by Princess Daisy on her throne!

After lunch I made a start on my Lynette Anderson block of the month.  Although I have sailed through blocks 1-5, for some reason block 6 is causing a complete mental block - perhaps because I have not focussed as much as I should.  

The other thing that I have tried today is to design a red work pattern for a Christmas card next year.  Maybe I should go back to the drawing board!


On a different note it's Christmas jumper day today and it's the first time that I've seen Dad in one ( we just had to give it a trial run at Dunelm and Sainsburys) - and, breaking news, Dad "drove" the shopping trolley whilst Mum bought her own sparkly jumper - whatever next?

What did mum make?  Just several lots of salmon mousse and a raspberry & cream Victoria sandwhich - mmmm

2 comments:

  1. Lovely jumper!! Lovely sounding food too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope some of that salmon mousse will be available when we are down there!

    ReplyDelete