Saturday 10 December 2016

Puppy Love - day 2

So - after celebrating Donny's birthday yesterday, it prompted me to check that my tickets were in their safe space.  I don't know about you but I always keep tickets for events, train journeys etc in the same place so that I don't lose them - useful when these tickets often arrive weeks in advance.  However - catastrophe - they weren't there!  Ah well, perhaps they don't send them out until nearer the date - my inner voice said - closely followed by the thought - yes but I am going to see Strictly in the same week and already have those tickets - albeit from a different venue owned by the same chain.  Normally I can rationalise these things along the lines of "It will all turn out okay in the end"  but, by 2am this morning, I was convinced that I had either not bought them and the tickets were now sold out (How would I face Wendy?) or that the tickets had been sent and I had lost them - I could swear that I had seen them and can visualise the envelope.

What's a girl to do but get up and start to investigate - go back to April on the bank statement (I did buy them- phew -  and it was a paypal account with transaction numbers etc) - and then onto the arena website to check that there are still seats available (there was) and to find a contact number for the box office.  By now it was nearly 3am so I trudged back to bed and fell asleep!

9am saw a phone call to the box office - which revealed that the tickets are being sent out early January!!!!!!!

Needless to say I have spent the day shattered -which is a shame since today is the last day that I am in all day before I go away and need to get everywhere straight and washing done.  In between the housework I finished some gift tags and made a gift for a friend.  We don't usually swap presents but she has had a difficult year and has been asking for one of these for over a year so I hope that it will cheer her up.

1 comment:

  1. Oh don't you hate things like that! It happens to be more and more!I have so many special safe places!

    ReplyDelete