Monday 26 December 2016

Preparing for Christmas Day 2- the sequel!

After waking up to the sad news that George Michael has passed away, today was focussed not getting ready for our visitors on Wednesday and a second Christmas Day on Thursday.  The first task was the annual sorted trough of presents.  Let me explain.  Mum is highly organised and, by early December has bought and wrapped the presents for everyone.  It's just that, by now, she has forgotten what they were and, in some cases, where she has put them.  Today, therefore was the final sort out and, if necessary, final wrapping.  Daisy snuck into the room with us but I am pleased to report that everything is now organised.

Of course an afternoon snooze was then in order ( Dad denys snoring but is raising the roof as I write this) before round two started.  This time it was a solo event as Mum finished icing the Christmas cake so I "helped" her by watching Frozen recorded yesterday.  I have never seen the film before so wanted to see what the fuss was all about.  I might just have sewn a stitch or two - well, it would be rude not to wouldn't it?
 
The final arrangement of the day was to sort out the cracker for the Christmas meal on Thursday.  We have all picked someone to make / buy / organise a cracker for and I had made mine.  There was just a few adjustments needed to finish Mum and Dad's - Millie and I supervised, although I suspect that she had a warmer and more comfortable view!

So that's my Boxing Day - like many up and down the country, I suspect, it was a lazy one after the activity of yesterday but one to recharge the batteries. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the place will be ship shape for our arrival! As for still wrapping up and sorting crackers.....(not to mention making them!) well we must confess you are a tad ahead of us!!

    ReplyDelete