Tuesday 27 December 2016

Oh Boy - what a day!

Today was planned to be another day out ( no surprise there then) - albeit one focussed on grocery shopping and those sale bargains.  I was prepared to be "down and dirty" - fighting everyone off with my elbows out!  Sadly, for me, there seemed to be few people venturing out on this frosty morning.  Sainsbury's was empty, although I was told that it was manic yesterday, but I have to say that the sale bargains were hard to find!  However I did manage to get a side of salmon, reduced, that has now been chopped up into steaks and frozen!

Next stop was a visit to Dunelm - oops the cafe again for a cuppa and cake - look how big mum's cake was ( I have put my glasses case next to it for a comparison).  Again there were few bargains to be had although our cakes were all half price so that was something.

Then it was onto PC world to get Dad a new printer - a wifi one which I spent most of the afternoon setting up!  Oh for an easy plug in and play version!  Daisy came upstairs with me to "help" and to ensure that Mum and Dad could have 40 winks.

Just as evening was starting to draw in, a cuppa had been made and the fire lit, Dad decided to put his new cd on - Buddy Holly ( hence the title of the blog).  I have nothing against him but ................

Tonight I am looking forward to the second part of the BBC Agatha Christie dramatisation.  I have read ahead and have an idea of what's going to happen - but won't spoil it for you!

1 comment: