Wednesday 14 December 2016

If it's Wednesday in Devon then it must be .......

A day trip to Exeter!

I am being a bit rude here - we all have our own routines and my parents like to go out to Exeter on Wednesdays.  Truthfully today's trip was more vital than most - there are no M&S goodies in the freezer for Christmas!  How will we survive?

Today started, naturally, with an M&S lunch ( cheese and mushroom toastie as per usual) although Dad did manage to flood the restaurant out with his coffee - when I say it went everywhere I mean EVERYWHERE!

Next up was a visit to TK MAX ( I didn't go in - I hate that shop but mum is after a Christmas jumper), followed by a trip to The Range( just dog chews bought here - was tempted by a costume for Daisy but resisted) and then to a friend of Mum and Dad's to drop off some presents.  It turns out that she will be on her own on Christmas Day so will spend it with us which will be nice.

Then it was back home - well, via a garden centre to try another cuppa and slice of cake ( well - it's helping the local economy!) - where the dogs were pleased to see us back at least!

Last night I sat and made nearly 30 quilt sandwiches with some of my splendid sampler blocks - ready to free machine quilt so that's my job for tonight- well make a start anyway.  Once the sewing machines be begins to disrupt the to viewing I will swap to some hand sewing.  Trust me the car was full of sewing projects to do - and the list is growing as mum comes up with more ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your mum is keeping you busy, you must be a bit short of projects now all the Xmas presents are made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at Sewing Buddy!
    Good to see the coffee breaks are given priority!
    Primark have a big selection of Christmas jumpers if you are still looking for one and depending on what size you need I have a spare new one here.

    ReplyDelete