Sunday 11 December 2016

Hurtling towards a creative 2017

Although I do a lot of sewing, I don't ever feel truly creative.  I can now follow a pattern and have learnt some tricks of the trade but I am reluctant to start from scratch and create something unique to me.  So - this is it - next year is the year that this aim is going to be achieved!!  And today is where this journey starts!  It has been a day of sewing at Scamblesby and we agreed, some months ago, to create a wall hanging / quilt between us - each person has been asked to design an 8 inch finished square which, by the end of the year (plus a few bonus blocks), will form a totally unique wall hanging.  Today the first block was distributed by the creator - Lyn - who based her block on the folded log cabin technique.  That should keep me quiet over Christmas then!





Mind you - they then wanted another group project and have settled on the Embroidered Village Bag - ooh eck - it only took one of our members a year to make that one!











I also distributed my Christmas challenge which, surprisingly seemed to go down well.  This year they were given this picture as a starting point and were challenged to create an A4 hanging by the first meeting in April.  As I said, its a year of creativity - who knows where it will end!!

1 comment: