Friday 4 November 2016

"These are very popular with the ladies"





So - last night's WI meeting was a lovely display of sugarcraft skills - far too good for my clumsy hands.  The competition was to pipe buttercream onto a cupcake.  Truthfully I was quite pleased with my efforts - although I didn't get a place!





Today was another visit to the nurse (she can see improvement now but I am in for 6 weeks f the honey treatment!) followed by some espionage!  Mum and Dad are hoping to move up here at some point and wanted me to run out and see a few possible houses from the outside.  I am amazed at how the camera really can lie!  What looks like a long drive, for example, is almost roadside!  As for the lovely house that lay a grass verge away from a very busy main road yet looks like its set in countryside - well!



Whilst I was out I bought some supersonic mousetraps - particularly for ladies.  Apparently these ones can dispose of the dead body without ever coming into contact with you (ish).  Given that they ate the cheese and took the malteser off again last night - without setting off either trap -we will have to see!









Once home, it was a cuppa and the start of the jigsaw - my cuppa went cold! At least it was a start.





Then it was onto the blue project (remember that?)  This Sunday will be the dangerous step - after which I will decide whether the project is worth continuing with and giving as a present.

So, the fire is lit, the traps are set and I have an evening ahead of me of wrapping presents.  What?  I hear you say.  Well my brother and I swap advent presents in a couple of weeks or so - and I ought to wrap the ones that I have so that I can work out how many more I need to buy!

4 comments:

  1. Very grateful for the spy efforts this morning. It is so disappointing when you think you are going to a lovely house when in reality it is at best average and sometimes less 'much less' !!!!!! Well done Lynda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The camera can indeed lie! Hope the leg takes to the honey treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disappointed you may not have got all 24 yet - we were finished ages ago (although still waiting for Chris to wrap them)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My granddaughter dropped an electric tea kettle with boiling water on her foot ( almost 3 years ago 100% healed) she had terrible burns and huge blisters. The dr told us to get a certain type of honey if we could find it (if not any honey would do) (I can go to the store and get the name I think it started with an M)
    I found that honey in individual packets as well as in a jar. We bought the packets as it was easier and safer (trying to prevent infection )
    She healed very quickly being 7 years old no infection and no scaring you can't tell which foot was hurt

    I hope you heal well I just wanted you to know that the honey treatment does work wonders

    ReplyDelete