Sunday 6 November 2016

Take a deep breath - and start all over again!

Mouse update - no bodies, no bait has been touched - dare I hope?  If all goes well over night then I will move back downstairs into my bedroom tomorrow night - wish me luck! 

So - onto today.  IT was another day of sewing at Scamblesby and D-Day for the blue project.  would my efforts work and would it be worthy as a Christmas present.  You may recall that there were 36 parts to this "make" and, at part 10, it became clear that the other 26 parts were not right!!  I would have to do them all over again.  Weeks worth of work up in smoke.  People were avoiding my side of the room and a gloom  descended upon me!  Fortunately it was lunchtime so there was a break and a chance to look at the problem from a  different angle.  If 10 were right and 26 wrong, could 26 possibly be right and 10 be wrong?  Remaking 10 didn't seem as bad or as daunting as remaking 26.  everything was then laid out to examine and, yes, "only" need to remake 10.  Not so bad then eh?

Now normally at this stage I share a photo of everyone making their creations but thought that I would limit it to three finished / nearly finished projects.





Pat is just quilting her quillow (and slightly panicking since it has to be finished to give to her brother at the end of this week).








Jean has finished one of two aprons that she is making for Christmas.







Whilst Pat (2) is nearing the end of this lovely quilt - stunning!






Tonight my plans involve feet up, fire on and a good dose of TV.  I am coming down with a cold and a sore throat is developing so need to look after myself - bless!

By the way , may I just say about The Crown on Netflix - simply wonderful.  All praise and credits are truly deserved!

1 comment:

  1. Phew, as you say, 10 is not as bad as 26...but bad enough!
    Hope the cold doesn't get too bad, and finger crossed for your uninvited guests!

    ReplyDelete