Thursday 17 November 2016

Sshh - don't tell anyone but ...........

...... the blue project is finished!!!!!!!!!!!

True - when you start adding everything up, this has cost me over £100 to make, taken up hours of time and has provided the biggest challenge that I have ever had but ...... I have enjoyed it and know that the recipient will appreciate the effort that has gone into making this!

Phew!!

So - the rest of the day will pale into insignificance now.  It started early (yes I did sleep much better last night) with a visit to the consultant re my temporal arteritis.  It's a 6 monthly appointment and performs more of a tracking exercise - particularly important if I am to avoid the eye issue that I suffered in the summer!  Since I was in Grimsby, it was then a quick visit to Tesco's and then a pop into the car wash.  They seemed really busy today and so it took longer than usual but the car does look good - inside and outside!

Once home, it was time to batten down the hatches - the weather was truly awful!  So - that's why I settled down and finished the blue project.  I was also inspired by my cousin who mentioned, in her blog, that she had cleaned her oven.  Given that I am out tonight I thought that I would get on and leave the shelves to soak overnight.

Tonight is the WI supper club - hence no need to use the oven.  Tonight we are heading to a small restaurant in Louth which has been mentioned in the Michelin food guide.  They have a sample menu here to given you an idea as to their offerings but they can only cater for 12 so we have filled the restaurant!  Pictures to follow tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. OOo err to the menu! We have just enjoyed a scrummy pulled pork and apple sauce dinner, so braised pig head with burnt apple was not too appealing at all...and looking at the rest of the menu briefly, the only thing that looks safe is the dessert! Hope those shelves come up spic and span!

    ReplyDelete