Tuesday 29 November 2016

Only 23 blocks to go!

Today started bright and cold - in fact by lunchtime the frost was still covering the road.  I really like to see a difference between seasons - we seem to have been sliding from one to the next without seeing a real change in the temperature.

Anyway this morning was spent on general housework tasks - washing machine on, dishwasher cycled finished and emptied etc., before paying some attention to church work.  After some time with the jigsaw - I am beginning to see the end of this task (albeit I found out this morning that Dad had put a few pieces in place so cannot now claim to have done it all grr) - I then braved the cold air with the dogs.




Next on the agenda was a splendid sampler block.  As the title of today's blog suggests I have 23 to go until I go away for Christmas and it would be nice to catch up.  Being a chicken, the first one was nice and simple - it took hardly any time!  As you can see, Daisy accompanied me in the sewing room - although  I really don't know why I bothered to buy her a bed!!








After some lunch and leg resting (well 40 winks but it was Doctor's orders - honest), it was then a second load of washing, some drying and a second Splendid Sampler block (I go away in a couple of weeks so ought to aim for two blocks a day as a minimum!  So that's 21 blocks to go in 13 days - oops!



Tonight I will work on a third block which uses English Paper Piecing so can be done in front of the TV.  With the fire on it would have been a cosy evening but the chimney sweep is coming tomorrow so I think that I ought to leave him a cold one to work with!

By the way, periodically I look at the stats for this little blog (or the ramblings of a mad woman as I like to call it!)  As you can see from the table below, over the past week people from across the world have read this blog - which blows my mind.  Thank you for taking the time and please feel free to leave a comment x


United States
1512
United Kingdom  
  201
Ireland
    15
Netherlands
    10
Portugal
      6
France
      5
Italy
      4
Ukraine
      3
Pakistan
      2
Poland
      2

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh cute Daisy, those stats really are astonishing aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why you don't have Australia or New Zealand follows it can't be the language?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to go in cycles Colleen - I was big in Russia at one point!

      Delete