Friday 11 November 2016

It's the unexpected moments in life

Today, being the 11th of November, we hold a two minutes silence to remember those who have given their lives for us to be free and hold our own views.  As I was driving at that moment, I pulled over and held the silence.  May I say how appalled I was at how many people just whizzed by - people of all ages it has to be said!

Anyway, that's off my chest now.  Today was one of those rare days with out any appointments etc.  The blue project is looking rather good so I took the opportunity to nip into Grimsby and buy some more supplies for it - and hit a large pot hole!  Cue another visit to the nice men in the garage to put more air in!  This time I went armed with short bread!




Once home, I took advantage of the nice weather to sweep up all the leaves that have begun to block the front door, and to plant some daffodil bulbs that will stand more chance of flowering in the ground than in a bag in my conservatory - even at this late stage-  before setting down to some sewing.  First on the list was block 5 of the Lynette Anderson wall hanging (I am only 5 months behind!!).  This block has been on the go since July!!



Then it was some fiddling round with a potential Christmas present - the present shows the predictable unpicking!!  It's going fairly well but will need some more work on it tonight.

Amongst this sewing disaster area I had a visitor - Jenny, who I take to book club.  Very needlessly, she had popped around to give me a lovely bunch of flowers to say thank you for all the lifts.  She really didn't need to but isn't it lovely getting an unexpected treat!



Mouse watch - there has been no signs of my furry friends  several days now and the bait in the two worktop traps appears untouched.  I had thought that I had heard some squeaking on several occasions - but that stopped once I turned the mouse sonic repeller off - duh!!  I will continue to monitor!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to confess that I have been guilty of driving at 11am without realising the day or the time...however today I was in Asda and it was announced there would be silence.....I was appalled to see an Eastern European mum with her noisy daughter running up and down the aisles, paying no heed to the rest of the store that was still and silent out of respect. Even if they had not understood the announcement, they cannot have missed the Last post, the chiming of Big Ben and everyone stood perfectly still!

    ReplyDelete