Wednesday 2 November 2016

It's Chriiiisssssttttmas - in mouse land!

Well - thank you VERY much to whoever suggested putting flour down to track the footprints of my furry friend!  I came down to an intact malteser but flour spread all over the cooker top - almost as if the mouse had been kicking the snow around.  The footprints didn't really lead anywhere but I have put the box of veg (which was next to the cooker) outside - just in case.  The rest of the morning was spent cleaning every surface in the kitchen within an inch of their lives, followed by a spring clean of the bedroom.  I simply can't fathom why there is no other sign - no shredding, droppings, noise etc.

During this mouse chaos I had a lovely surprise visit from Wendy and her husband Nigel.  He was trying out his new scooter and she was taking advantage of the outing for a brisk cold walk.  Of course they had to come and admire the "she cave" - those newly laid paths proved useful for the scooter!

After a visit to the nurse to re-dress the gammy leg, it was then time to start thinking about the WI meeting tomorrow and getting everything ready - raffle prizes, birthday gifts and the poppy wreath.  I would normally deal with these tomorrow but I have been asked to help out at a funeral tomorrow so can't guarantee how much time I will have.



Given my lecture from the nurse last week, and given how much time I spent on my feet yesterday, I also spent some time this afternoon with my feet up - separating the jigsaw puzzle and finding the outside edges - watched over by a very curious Daisy.  If there is a piece missing I shall know exactly who the culprit is!!  In answer to Sewingbuddy's comment yesterday - yes I don't have that much spare time but I do have a spare table that can have the jigsaw puzzle out on and then I can spend 10 mins here and there - it's very relaxing!



Tonight, it's Slimming World followed by more hand sewing.  Well - what can you do when you are forced to rest - I ask you?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh of the week! Can just imagine wee mousey skating all over that fake snow! No shredding suggests you found the family early! Spare tables are perfect for jigsaws! You seem to find more pieces when you leave the room and go back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but 10 min will go to an hour,
    Puzzles are very addictive and a complete time waster, you will be drawn every time you pass the table!
    Ask me how I know?

    ReplyDelete