Wednesday 30 November 2016

Is it true that a Chimney Sweep brings you good luck?



In a way today was same old, same old.  Woke up to a heavy frost and set to with the housework.  Since Mum had worked hard to leave everything in a good state I just have to keep on top of things which makes life a lot easier!  It also meant that I could get down to sewing quickly and tackled another couple of Splendid Sampler blocks - so that's 19 left to go.



I also - and I hope that you are all sitting down when you read this next statement - made a start on tidying the craft room.  I started with the desk area and threw a lot leaving me with piles of stuff to put away.

The chimney sweep came around noon and quickly swept the chimney - he said that there wasn't much soot so that was a nice surprise and means that I can have a fire this afternoon / tonight.

Next up was a quick trip to the vets.  Millie, in particularly, has been scratching recently.  Hopefully it's nothing sinister but a flea treatment wouldn't hurt - followed by washing their bedding of course!

The final task of the day was to tackle the big pile of ironing that had accumulated from those loads of washing.  I may be sad but, although I don't enjoy ironing, there's something satisfying about knowing that everything is sorted, clean, ironed and put away!  Mind you I did watch another episode of The Crown - well, it helps to pass the time eh?  Actually, and I have said this before, I am really enjoying the series and, given that I am in episode 8 out of 10, I shall miss it when its finished.

Tonight I am persevering with the EPP splendid sampler block - its a bumble bee and extremely satisfying to sit and hand sew.  Hopefully I will finish it tonight and can reveal all.

3 comments:

  1. I think they only bring good to brides in white...anything you care to share with us? As for the scratching, well funnily enough I had to buy flea treatment for the cats yesterday, very unusual this time of year....they were scratching more than necessary...then when I saw rabbits on the box of treatment I figured they were possibly the source since we have never treated them! Looks like another visit to Pets At home for more flea treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - might have let something out of a bag here! Seriously I can't believe how expensive the treatment is - £18 for each dog to have one application! They suggest every 4 - 8 weeks!! However Millie has not scratched once since I put it on her so I hope that means it's working / was not fleas in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blocks look nice, well done, as for the flea treatment, I get mine online at a fraction of the price.
    Wormers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete