Saturday 19 November 2016

Christmas comes early in Lincolnshire

I can't quite believe it myself but next Sunday is Advent Sunday - Christmas Day is racing towards us at full throttle speed.  Normally I decorate the house on Advent Sunday but next weekend is rather packed so, I am afraid, I've gone a week early!  Today has been bright but cold and it didn't quite feel right but tomorrow is forecast to be a "batten down the hatches" type of day.  Not only that but the TV is awash with daft Christmas films to get you into the mood!  No pictures - I will take one tonight with the lights on.  Just remember I am not some sort of interior designer!

Otherwise it has been a day of light housework - interspersed with a lovely treat.  Wendy wanted some advice re the Artisan Apron that she is making (she had adapted the pattern to suit her slim and tall outline and needed a second pair of eyes) so cue two lovely coffees from Nigel and a mince pie - how apt!

On the crafting front I am running up a simple runner to put across the chest of drawers in the bedroom to give the varnished surface some protection - and to add yet more red of course!  Tonight I will try to work towards finishing both that and some padded coat hangers.  Either way I will be glued to my seat to watch Strictly at Blackpool.  Having just booked some ticket to see the live w=tur with my friend Trish, I have just found out that Danny Mac is on the tour and am trying to persuade Wendy to join us!!

1 comment:

  1. Well you learn something every day...didn't know Advent Sunday was in November!
    Looking forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete