Wednesday 16 November 2016

Back to normal - ish!

Last night I didn't sleep too well - which is the reason behind the late wake up!  Sometimes I think that you get into a vicious circle - nap in the afternoon which then means you are not as tired as you should be and so don't drop off straight away.  Then you wake up late and feel muzzy and off key all day - resulting in an afternoon nap etc etc.  However this morning I had a nurse appointment at 10:15 am (she said that there were signs of improvement and trial cream re-applied) so couldn't be that late.

Once home again , via the free range egg man - his eggs are to die for and one of the real treats of living in the countryside, it was home to tackle the next room on the "Christmas Clean" list.  Feeling rather off colour I went for an easy one - my bedroom - which had had a good clean last week to make sure that it was "mouse empty".  Once that had been completed, the washing machine loaded and kitchen cleaned, it was time for lunch and a sit down (doctors orders remember!)  Although I sat and did some hand sewing work on the blue project - aided and abetted by Daisy of course - I also enjoyed some comedy throwback on BBC2 - the first two episodes of "Just Good Friends".  There were lots of 80's references but it was still as funny as the first time around and gentle lunchtime viewing.

Today the postman brought me the final part of my Lynette Anderson block of the month and, I a afraid, I am fairly disgruntled!  When blocks one and two came out, Wendy and I followed the instructions although we didn't have identical colours.  Therefore when, in month 3, the instructions told me to cut 2 strips measuring  1 1/2 inches by 39 1/2 inches from my blue fabric I was okay.  Sadly Wendy had already cut into her blue fabric and so  will need to buy some more.  Theses instructions should have been given to us at the beginning we felt. WELL (imagine me stood with hands on hips now) the final block arrived with an error message - the strips should measure 40 1/2 inches not 39 1/2 inches.  I haven't measured mine yet but can only hope that I have been my usual lazy self and just cut 1 1/2 inches by the width of the fabric - otherwise I will not be impressed!

On that note I think that I'd better go and lie down in a darkened room.  Oh wait - better not - wont sleep tonight!

And the title of the blog?  well it refers to the fact that I think Daisy is coming out of season so I took her and Millie for a short walk today.  I was also trying a new lead that my brother had recommended which would stop Daisy pulling.  Did it work?  Nope!  She just kept pulling at her nose to get it off her!  She's a stubborn one!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear the leg is finally starting to improve, but grr to the block and hope tonight is a better night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lead works brilliantly on Penny!!!

    ReplyDelete