Monday 7 November 2016

A busy, busy, very busy day!

As the title of today's blog suggests, I am not sure if I could plan a busier day if I tried!  (What happened to retirement equals a life of quiet and peace?)  My morning started with an early visit to the nurse followed by a pop into the garage - my car had been indicating a low pressure in one of the tyres and one of the nice men just put some air into them all for me.  Whilst I was there a customer was just being told that she should leave her car there for the day for them to mend.  She was clearly not able to walk home - she has been in and out of hospital recently and is breathless just standing still - so I ran her home.

Next on the list of jobs was a visit to the Post Office to pay some money in, followed by a quick shop to buy the milk and cookies for the craft group.  Then it was home to make a cheesecake for a meeting tomorrow and then fitting some sealed poison boxes (courtesy of Sewingbuddy's husband - thank you) under the kitchen units behind the kick board - safely out of the way of the dogs. 

After a good clean down (I caught another mouse last night - darn it!), it was time to get ready for both the craft group and a church meeting (which follows the craft group).  I had to give my apologies and leave at 5pm - tonight I am out at the Theatre watching "Quartet" which I am hoping will be as funny as the film.  Given that I have now nearly lost my voice completely, an evening in would have been nice but you can't always get what you want in life and I suspect that I will be glad that I made the effort.

So - as I said - a busy, busy, very busy day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sounds like you have caught my lurgy via cyberspace! Well done on the good deed of the day :)
    Hopefully you are well on the way to making your little mousey family extinct! Hope tonight isn't too much for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done - Keep going, you'll get there!!!!!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete