Friday 14 October 2016

Well - you learn smething new everyday!

This morning I took Jean car hunting.  I have been lucky enough to always go for a new or, in the case of my current car, a demo car - so when I was told the budget I really doubted that we could get one for that low a price.  However the first local garage we went to had several within our price bracket - two in particular had done an average of around 5500 miles per year - ie a run around car for taking children to and from school.  Indeed one of the cars (the favourite as it happens) has been serviced at this garage for 5 years so they know it rally well.  It comes guaranteed and with a full year's MOT so looks good.  Jean is going to test drive it next Monday but I fully expect her to buy that one - you could say that she has fallen in love with it!




We went to several other garages and then decamped to the local garden centre for a coffee to discuss the situation and a piece of toast.  Sadly the service was so poor that my toast arrived well after the coffee had been drunk and the cup was cold.  I wasn't offered but asked for a free refill so that I had something to drink with the toast - I ask you!




Once home, I set to making a cake for Scamblesby tomorrow (I am now seriously beginning to regret offering!) and a cheesecake for the harvest supper meal on Saturday evening.  On the agenda was also preparations for the sewing day - cutting fabric to size, packing bags etc.  I also walked the dogs earlier today so that I could just lock the door and shut the world out - time for peace and quiet - if only for a few hours!

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the car issue!!!!! Hope you have a nice rest tonight and a good nights sleep. Don't forget you are not as young as you used to be!!!!!!!! Sorry but it is fact. Xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to our world of motoring! Sounds like that garden centre needs to be avoided!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are you regretting offering to make the cake?
    - feeling under pressure now?
    Hope it good?
    See you in the morn.

    ReplyDelete