Thursday 20 October 2016

The Ying and Yang of life!

This morning was the funeral of our organist and the husband of a friend.  I went round to  the church early top help where possible and was delighted to see the church so full.  He had obviously touched so many lives and the address elicited both tears and laughter.  In particular I like the point made that Heaven wold be full of music - but on cake rations - he sure liked his cake!

One home, of course, normality returns.  I have had a call from the joiner saying that he can come next Wednesday (weather permitting) to put the summerhouse up so the fence painting becomes ever more pressing.  Fortunately for me the weather turned out to be sunny for a while, if a little chilly, so I spent some time painting more fencing and, hopefully, getting past the point that the summerhouse will hide.  The new patio has prove to be a sunny spot for Millie to lie out on whilst Daisy just goes berserk running around the garden!  I might also add that Daisy's apricot colouring is now tainted by a willow green streak - good job that she is at the groomers tomorrow!




 



Craft wise I spent another three hours working on a splendid sampler block.  It's a paper piecing one - and a really tricky one at that!  My attempt is truly shocking and may not make it into the final quilt - but I am not trying again either.  I can see why a lot of people just appliqued a circle onto a square!  Tonight it's the WI craft club where we are making snowmen -and where they will cast a critical eye over the poppy wreath.  Let's hope that they are gentle with me!

3 comments:

  1. Glad the funeral went ok, sounds like some smiles through the tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well they can't all be easy now - can they, we sometimes need a challenge to bring us back to earth!

    ReplyDelete