Tuesday 25 October 2016

The BFG comes to Lincolnshire

Do I mean the film?  Well, yes but more of that later.  My BFG arrived minutes after turning the lights out last night.  The paper rustling was a clue, as was the HUGE animal scampering across the carpet in the bedroom as I turned the lights on.  As I looked towards the corner so a pair of eyes looked back at me and started to edge forward from behind  my bag.  There was nothing for it - I was out of there!  I could have been eaten alive for goodness sake - and so decamped to the lounge - again!  This morning I turned the light on in the bedroom and gingerly stepped inside - I have left the back door open to try to encourage the monster to leave home but will buy the mouse trap and maltesers on the way home today!

Being Tuesday, it was Senior Screen today and the choice of film was, yes you've guessed it, The BFG.  As a fan of Mark Rylance's work, this was a film that I had wanted to see since it had come out - and it lived up to my expectations.  IT was both funny and touching - you came out with an "ahh bless " feeling.


My summer house was due to be erected tomorrow, so I was delighted when they asked if they could come today instead.  So, once home, I was on coffee making duties whilst I inspected their progress - things were looking good and they had certainly brought the good weather with them.  It was then off to the local hostelry for a late lunch with Sewingbuddy before popping around to Jean's.  Remember that thwarted art holiday?  Well, after much discussion, we have now booked a sewing retreat in Norfolk in March.  Deposits have been paid - now we need to decide what we are going to make on this retreat!  Any suggestions?

So - the bed has been made upstairs and the trap set.  Apart from waiting for the bang, this evening sees some more work on one of the two remaining Christmas presents and the finishing off of my garden landscape (hope to show you a picture tomorrow).

3 comments:

  1. Ooo lovely summer house.
    Can rent out one of our cats if you are desperate! She is the most excellent mouser!
    BFG was great wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer house looks good., and as for you being eaten alive by a mouse, you would sure make a hearty meal!

    ReplyDelete