Saturday 29 October 2016

Oh dear me dear - I spoke too soon!

Well folks - I came downstairs this morning to find some shredded pieces of an egg carton in the kitchen on the work surface.  Clearly Mr Mouse has moved his harem in!  Right now, the peanut butter trap is in place where the carton was and we will see what happens.  Curiously the dogs haven't reacted to seeing / hearing anything!


This morning was spent - yes you've guessed it - painting the third coat of Elderflower onto the summer house - complete with my ferocious guard dogs of course!.  Given that I hadn't got up until nearly nine o'clock (oops), by the time I had finished it was late lunchtime.  I had intended to be good today and rest my leg for longer but got side tracked by these wretched Christmas presents!  If you recall I set myself the task of completing 7 this week and had done 5 early on.  Well, today, I completed the final two - but, more excitingly, they are part of a larger number of experimental presents that have gone really well. I can't show you a picture - but they did involve free machine embroidery - get me!

The rest of the day was spent convalescing (am I egging the pudding too much here?)  I have lit the fire for the first time so imagine that cosy, feet up on the sofa, Daisy on my lap and Millie by my side, doing some hand work scenario!

2 comments:

  1. Whilst out today I happened to say to Hubby about your little mousey friend and confessed I expected there was probably a family of them and you would need a few more traps before you were rid of them!
    Keep that foot up!

    ReplyDelete