Saturday 8 October 2016

Moving piles from one room to another

I don't know about you, but my mother used to say that she knew exactly where I had been by the piles of stuff that I have left!  Often my idea of tidying up was to form a new pile rather than putting something away in its proper place.  Well, today, as I looked around the house, I reached the point where the piles have to be sorted!  Now before I go on you have to appreciate that I have an incredibly low boredom threshold which, when combined with being tired, does not make for much action.  So a pattern of work emerged.  Take a pile, sort it, deal with it, relocate it and then do something else.  It might be a second pile but it also might be a quick Splendid Sampler block  or sorting out the bedroom upstairs and putting the memory foam mattress on the bed or even wash the shower screen.  In fact anything other than doing the planned task!

By lunch time the recycle bin was filling up nicely and the craft table had been sorted - and then filled again - how did that happen?  Only one thing for it - a quick hoover round and then settle down for some lunch and a quick snooze (oops did I say that out loud?).  So comfy was I, snuggled under my quilt with Daisy on my lap, that I must apologise to a friend who came round with a a book to lend me and got no response so left it in a bag on the door handle.  I just hope that she didn't look through the lounge window!

Tonight (yes I did sleep through until 4pm!!!!) it's my favourite Strictly episode - a night in at the movies - so guess where I will be.  At the moment I am debating whether to light the fire or not - its that time of year where its chilly but quickly gets too warm with the fire on - hence the quilt that can be pulled across but quickly discarded.  Craftwise - its some embroidery for a Christmas present.  You can't have idle hands now can you?

2 comments:

  1. What dilemmas you have!!!!!!! Enjoy strictly!!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you needed your snooze!

    ReplyDelete