Monday 10 October 2016

It's just not British!

Last night I found it difficult to sleep again and, finding myself still awake around 1am, I decided to stay up and watch the American Presidential Debate between Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton.  Now I can't pretend to know either really well - I have watched Donald Trump in the Celebrity Apprentice and obviously knew Hilary Clinton through her marriage to Bill Clinton. However I am fascinated by the clear animosity both towards each candidate and between them.  As I turned the TV on I then found out that Donald Trump had held a press conference parading several women that Bill Clinton had allegedly sexually abused in the past although he denied it.  I wasn't sure what that had to do with Hilary Clinton and wanted to see how she handled it.  The debate was something that I have never seen before with personal attack after personal attack - followed by a severe lack of facts / policies.  Clearly this is not my election and every country will do things their own way but, as leader of  USA, the elected President will have enormous power and influence over world affairs.  I can only hope that the next debate has more substance and less mudslinging - otherwise I don't know how anyone could decide which way to vote.

This morning I woke up to a cold, wet morning and spent some time sorting out the fabric / equipment needed for the Textiles group - as well as the usual tidying up and hoovering!  The textile group went well - this time, though, everyone was doing a different project.  I finished my Lynette Anderson bag - well, just a button needed.








Whilst Jean pinned and tacked her bag, before going on to do some more wonky house brooches.










Ev was making up some coasters to take to the Scamblesby Art Fayre and sell, whilst Carine was making the Sweet 16 bag that I shared with you yesterday out of her gorgeous charm pack.

Once home, it was a quick turn around to take the dogs up to the beach before the storm set in - the sky went extremely black!!  Tonight, as I said yesterday, I am off to  the local theatre to watch Sense and Sensibility.  Now I am not feeling old - but I taught the romantic lead actor - help!!

5 comments:

  1. Imagine how many Americans are feeling right now! Between a rock and a hard place just does not cut it!!
    Lovely bag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel sorry for them! Thanks re the bag x

      Delete
  2. USA politics is terrible I am not voting for either one of them, the sad thing is one will be president. I believe it will be Clinton as our president is elected by the electoral college rather than the popular vote and it think she has enough votes to win.
    Both of these candidates are on the older side so there a hope that the vice president could end up at the president

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder about your situation Colleen and hope that I haven't offended you with my thoughts - its just that it is so different from our way of doing things. Not, I hasten to add, that we always get it right either but at least the debates are not as personal as that last one was.

      Delete
    2. No worry about offending. I really don't know how politics works in your country. Here it seems as if the longer someone is in politics the more they "owe" to others rather than "owe" to the people she elected them.
      I did not watch that debate/town hall as I am done done done I know I can not vote for either candidate. I can only hope who ever wins will have a swift natural death before he /she has a chance to do any real damage to our world

      Delete